Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds




Canterbury offers the best of both worlds, city and country. The big difference is the direction people send you in. Going down the hill from the uplands is going uptown. Going up the hill to the university is going up to the university. Kent boasts of two universities, Kent and Christ Church. I geographically am closer to Kent. The two campuses are open and I can visit Kent, there are no walls. Christ Church has walls surrounding it but the front gate is open 24/7.
Services are held on the Kent campus by New Life Church and they are open to anyone.
They did caution today that some of the folks, who were only here for a short time, had been here for five years and they are just traveling through. The congregation is very welcoming and the music is just like home, except with a world accent. Students from around the world are studying here.
The assumption is that at my age I must be working on my Masters or PHD, yeah right.
Shall I admit I am working on my mastery of life? I have been telling them I am studying English and they all wish me well. Even the English have trouble with English especially when I speak it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home